Thursday, May 27, 2010

National Bike to Work Day 2010

My National Bike to Work Day 2010 convoy. Ready to ride!









The Capital Crescent Trail at mile 4 in Bethesda









Dalecarlia Tunnel at mile 6.25 and crossing into DC. My reflectors work!









Going over my favorite bridge. I never understood how people could love bridges but this one is gorgeous. Amazing metal work and beautiful antique lights.







Made it to the Key Bridge at mile 10.5. And how do we get up to the Key Bridge? Strength training time! Carry bike up around 40 stairs to the C&O Canal Trail and then up another 30 steps to the Key Bridge. I found a better way - get onto the C&O Canal at Fletcher's Cove at mile 8, walk the bike up the ramp to M Street and over to the Key Bridge.





Crossing the Key Bridge into...









Virginia!









Hanging and grabbing my free t-shirt and swag at the Rosslyn pit stop.









And the hated Curtis Trail to the office. There are about 3 uphill sections and I swear I'm going to conquer them by the end of the summer. It's discouraging because its at the end of a long ride. But, it sure makes going home very fun - whee!






The gorgeous (gravelly) C&O Canal trail home.

No comments:

Post a Comment