Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Take That Food Network BBQ Special

M likes to watch TV on mute when she's working at night so I put on the Food Network. It is not something one should watch after dinner. First we wanted ice cream, then cookies and then "Best Thing I Ever Ate: BBQ." I was drooling and decided I will definitely hit Hill Country when I'm back in NY.

To satisfy my craving today (now!), I took out 2 of our thin cut rib eyes and marinated them in Montreal Steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce (ignore the high fructose corn syrup, it's not really there). Made O's lemon dressing (lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, fresh cracked pepper, salt). Made potato salad (4 baked potatoes, mayo, shallots, rice vinegar, celery salt, fresh cracked pepper). Cooked the steaks on a super hot cast iron grill (awesome if don't have or are too lazy to do that whole charcoal grill thing). Let the steaks rest and then plated steak, salad (arugula, dressing, parm cheese) and potato salad. Apartment BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment