Saturday, August 8, 2009

Shrimp Pasta Fresca

M really only likes Asian food but she loves this one pasta dish I make. The great part is that it's as easy as stir-frying!

Prep (thanks M!):
- Dice 4 ripe tomatoes (I used sun ripened Roma tomatoes that I got from the farmer's market this morning)
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and a shallot
- Peel and devein a half pound of shrimp (I kept the shells to do a shrimp stock tomorrow)
- Chiffonade some basil (I took some from my window box that H planted for me)

Heat olive oil and sweat the garlic and shallots. Increase the heat and add tomatoes and some kosher salt. After the tomatoes are nice and soft and released their flavor, add a splash of white wine. Let the wine cook off and then add the shrimp. Once the shrimp is opaque, turn off the heat and spoon sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with basil and fresh cracked pepper.

(M is now eating it on sourdough toast. It reminds me of the tomato bread at Boquerria.)

No comments:

Post a Comment