Friday, January 31, 2014

Teenager

I have learned so much from my teenager. I learned that my type A tiger mom tendencies do not work. I learned that if I just listen to him, I'm amazed by his compassion, kindness, really unique point of view. I've learned to make jokes and use humor in trying to teach and guide. I've learned to let him make decisions and fail. I've learned that the terror in being a passenger while he learns to drive pays off when he takes me to all 29 stores I need to go to. I've been spoiled by him walking and feeding the dog, taking out the trash, vacuuming the apartment, doing dishes and cooking 1 night a week (he does his own laundry and cleans his own room and bathroom). He thanks me for every meal I cook and hugs and kisses us good night. He teaches me to be a better person

No comments:

Post a Comment