Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Moroccan Cinnamon Chicken with Couscous

One of the most memorable meals of my life was one my dad made for us when we were kids. It was called "fong-ji" which literally means "wind chicken". He dry rubbed a bunch of spices on a chicken and hung it outside for a day or two (during the winter, of course). After he brought it inside, he made a stuffing of sticky rice, shitake mushrooms and Chinese sausage and roasted that puppy in the oven. It was so good!

So, I've been craving this cinnamon-y flavored chicken and the best I could find was Moroccan Cinnamon Chicken with Couscous from epicurious.com. I paired it with a cucumber salad (same as cucumber tomato salad but without the tomatoes).

It was easy, quick, was a different type of carb (I'm trying to do different carbs, meat, veggies and fruits everyday) but just ok. It might've been better if I put a bit more salt or perhaps drizzled lemon juice over the whole thing. Not sure. Needless to say, I still want my dad's chicken and sent him an email requesting the recipe. Although, if I know my dad, he just took whatever spices were in the cabinet and won't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment