Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Broiled Chicken Kebabs & Soy Ginger Salad Dressing

The cold winter has me dreaming of my mom's barbecue chicken. I thought I could broil chicken kebabs using her marinade. We had some lettuce and arugula and wanted to make a dressing that would complement the chicken. My biggest critic, M, liked it and asked for them to be added to the repertoire. Amounts are estimates.

Mom's BBQ Chicken Marinade:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 2 tsp sugar

I cut up boneless skinless chicken thighs and put them in the marinade for 6 or so hours. Soak skewers in water for 20 minutes. Turn on the broiler. Add chicken to skewers and broil for 4-6 minutes. Turn and broil for another 4-6 minutes.

Soy Ginger Salad Dressing:
- lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/4 thumb ginger mashed
- 1/4 cup olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment