Monday, December 29, 2008

*davidburke townhouse

Ever since my yummy dinner at Mia Dona, I've been looking for an opportunity to try David Burke & Donatella (now davidburke townhouse). They have a Cheesecake Lollipop Tree. Need I say more? Oh, right, I'm lactose but hopefully, you are not.

So E and I escaped for a fancy lunch. The space is cute, comfortable and fancy in a whimsical way. There are glass balloons and painted ostrich eggs. After we ordered from the $24.07 prix fix menu, the bread come out in little copper pots - adorable popovers! The butter was served on a chilled pink salt block. The presentation for all the dishes was cute and inventive. The salt pepper calamari had a great puffy batter and was a very generous helping. The pancetta pasta was nice but I really wanted the braised short ribs over homemade cavatelli. It comes with a truffle mousse. Mmmm...

And to top it all off, as if I could eat another bite, I had the warm apple tart. The pastry was so flaky and light with a good crust. The apples were arranged in a beautiful rose pattern. I had to give my ice cream to E but I'm sure, would've been delicious. And I love the apple crisp on the top.






No comments:

Post a Comment