Tuesday, December 9, 2008

S Factor 3.7: Live Your Life Hey- a-ay a-ay a-ay

Is it every Tuesday? Cause today, I just wanted to call it quits, hide in my bed and watch crappy TV. But, I told my self, "Self, get some work done, lay low and you get to learn the Descending Angel tonight."

The Descending Angel is a move I have been dying to learn from the beginning - it is so gorgeous and at 3.7, we are finally strong enough to do it. I may have been in a terrible mood today but as soon as the lights go down, the music starts and that grinding in my brain starts to ease. It helps to have friends in the class who make you laugh. C said, "I think part of my arm is still on the pole." We both get terrible bruises o
n our inner arms from the body spiral (see photo of knee bruises from goodness knows what). When I ask the other C about her awesome corkscrew, she says, "I think of Chuck Norris doing a roundhouse kick."

Our teacher today reminded us to not think so much about executing the tricks and I have to say, I did a snake on my own without a spotter and am killing the ron de jong and body spirals. And I finally picked a song on my own and really loved it. It was perfect for today.

(Hey! Hey! Yeah!) You're gonna be a shining star
(That's right! Yeah!) Fancy clothes
(Okay! Yeah!) And fancy ca-ars (hey, hey, hey, yeah!)
And then you'll see (See! Yeah!)
You're gonna go far (Go! Hey!)
Cause everyone knows (They know! Hey!)
Just who you a-are. (Rihanna let's get it!)

So live your life, (Hey! a-ay a-ay a-ay)
You steady chasing that paper (Ay!)
Just live your life (Oh! a-ay a-ay a-ay)
Ain't got no time for no haters
Just live your life (Gram postal, homie!) (Ay! a-ay a-ay a-ay)
No telling where it'll take ya
Just live your life (Oh! a-ay a-ay a-ay)
(Hey yo, we did it again, homie!) Cause I'm a paper chaser, (throw your hands up)

No comments:

Post a Comment