Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It Has Been Done

I grew up in "The One Square Mile with a Smile", went to school in Boston and moved back. Although I fancy myself as one, eating food from around the world doesn't really qualify me as woman of the world. I really treasure having the tremendously strong support group I have in the NY metro area. My family, childhood friends, college friends, business colleagues, business school friends, people I've met on the street, are here.

But people do move. People have moved as children. People have studied abroad. People have done Peace Corps in Honduras or worked in Africa or Asia to help people infected with HIV/ AIDS. My friends who are doctors have picked their families up and moved them from rotation to rotation (Atlanta, Charlottesville, Austin, etc.). My friends N & C just picked up and moved to Portland even though they didn't know anyone there and didn't have jobs there right away. They just decided they loved it and moved. My cousin has lived in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Shanghai, San Diego, Chicago and San Francisco. So, it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment