Friday, December 26, 2008

I Heart: Le Creuset Covered Deep Sauté Pan

In addition to my "Systems" posts, I'm going to start an "I Heart" section.

The huge rise in popularity of the Food Network has basically democratized gourmet cooking. Everyone can have something by Eric Ripert in the comfort of their PJs. The terrible state of the economy has also pushed people towards cooking at home for their families and friends. I love dinner parties and home cooked food. We are huge fans of sauteing and braising and I can't say enough what a difference a great pot can be. After D told me all the amazing food she prepared for her family over Christmas, she told me she got a Le Creuset dutch oven for Christmas. I checked it out and let's just say I gasped when I saw the Le Creuset Covered Deep Sauté Pan (I'm not sure what color I'd get).

In one pot, I can make soups, saute, stir fry, sear, braise, and I think, make an awesome paella. I'm all about one-pot cooking and this gorgeous pot does it all AND is easy to clean. I think I'm in love.

2 comments:

  1. oh, how easily replaced i am... all it takes is a pot with a pretty smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've discovered the world of Le Creuset! I'm working on a little rainbow of my own: red baking dish, flame (orange) grill pan with panini press, kiwi covered buffet casserole and white dutch oven. Just need a yellow and a blue one. You should check out Woodbury to pick one up at a good price.

    ReplyDelete