Thursday, February 26, 2009

Coffee with D

Now that there is a deadline, I have been scheduling breakfasts, lunches, coffees/teas, dinners/ drinks to spend time with the people I love and probe them (in the most non-intrusive, friendly way) for information. It would be easier to have one big party - my friend J is having a "J Got Laid (Off)" party - but I've changed (no more 300+ balls) and really cherish one on one time.

D was great. He walked me through the job, culture, landscape of this opportunity I was thinking of. We chatted about Stern and what was going on with him. And because he is just so lovely and honest, he talked about how his partner would drop his glamorous accounting job in a heartbeat to be his housewife. And honestly, I would love a short respite consisting of chillaxing by the pool at the complex and cooking fabulous meals for M. I've been meaning to get better at cooking fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment