Thursday, February 26, 2009

Progress Report

Yup, I was up since 5. My brain pops up and is like, "did you do this? did you do that? did you talk to this person, what is that person up to? what do you think of this or that?" On and on it spins. I think this is just going to be my thing.

I went to a conference about Crises Management for Hedge Funds at a law firm and I just loved it. I love the law. It got me rethinking about a JD and I'm looking into getting one part time at Georgetown during my unemployment. I miss the classroom. Yes, I am a nerd.

There are 2 jobs at PWC that sound really great. I am hitting up a cousin who works at PWC and my friend E for some insight and information.

My firm also has a few groups in DC as well. My friends have gotten me informational interviews with 2 of the groups. There's one more group and I'm meeting another friend for coffee to learn more about it. I look to be top of mind as positions open up. I also signed up for the 1 year of career services that I get through the firm and registered for a bunch of workshops. I also got a career coach. They matched me up with an Asian woman - I totally picked that up over the phone even though she didn't have an accent or anything. My first impression is that she is soft spoken.

So, just reaching out to people, letting friends and my network know what is going on with me, helping those around me, and being thankful for all the incredible people in my life and the blessings I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment