Friday, February 20, 2009

Going Through It

I consider myself to be quite level headed and positive. I also never really believed in the 8 Stages of Grief (which I found out to really be 5 Stages of Grief). I thought it was bull but the emotions just swell and roil. On a side note, the word "Grief" looks weirder and weirder the more I look at it.

Anyways, I was sad but fine the day I found out about the notification. I was fully aware of what happened and started to take steps so I guess I skipped the denial stage. The anger hit me on Friday. Mostly because they had told us we could take the day on Wednesday because it was emotional. I had stayed the day to work because I had some meetings I wanted to be prepared for. I asked for a half day on Wednesday and got a lot of grief about that. Seriously? You are seriously going to go there? That and my boss was in my grill for a number of ridiculous things. Be sure you do this, be sure you do that. Hello, I was at work when a lot of people who were let go had taken the rest of the week off. And I do good work. You don't have to remind me about having documents prepared for meetings because I ALWAYS DO.

And, thanks to my friends who have been so great about giving me advice, I went through a different sort of bargaining phase where I asked for some things. They were denied but at least I asked. The depression set in towards Friday evening and I had a nice long talk with M who reminded me of a number of things that have worked out. So, I'm finally at acceptance and will be moving to DC in mid-April.

No comments:

Post a Comment