Sunday, February 22, 2009

Perfect Saturday

After all that happened this week I needed Saturday to decompress and melt some overheated brain cells. I caught up on most of my favorite shows and did chores (clean bathroom, vaccuum, clean room, 2 loads of laundry) during the commercial breaks. Doris said that I would get Gonorrhea from all the crap TV I watched.

First up, Double Shot of Love. I didn't exactly watch it but looked up what happened on mtv.com. I just didn't understand the show - were they supposed to pick the same person because they would both make out with the same person and the poor person had to be like, "I like you. No, wait, I like your sister." It was gross but I get it now. They each pick someone to like but that person has to pick them as well. So, it turned out that they both picked this boat captain/ waiter guy who always turns red when he's drunk and has the WORST hair. I don't know. It's sad.

I started Saturday watching Snapped. That was sad because the murderesses were either involved in getting insurance money or domestic violence. Normally, M and I could watch a whole day of murder shows but it was a bit much for me this weekend.

I was saved by Tool Academy, which M can't stand because she says it teaches women to be with their abusers because they think that their abusers can change. I agree with that but these guys are so ridiculous, it's like watching a train wreck which is actually how I feel about all the crap TV I watch. Plus, when the guys get kicked out of Tool Academy, their girlfriends generally leave them as well.

Next, my beloved Rock of Love Bus. Why? The silicone. The tons and tons of silicone. And the tattoos. I don't even know what they are saying but am just mesmerized by these women. Who are they? Where did they come from? What work did they get done? How come they don't fall over? Is Brittanya Asian? Why did she pierce her dimples? They might be doing pole dancing in the next episode. I can't wait!

Ah, Top Chef. I love that I was able to get up to speed. I'm thrilled that Carla is in the finals and that the judges loved her oyster stew. I want some of her oyster stew. She's really kooky but sweet and I do believe that food made with love is better. She's been the underdog but she's from DC and I'm rooting for her.

Lastly, The Millionaire Matchmaker. I haven't really seen this show but once I started, I couldn't stop. She is the quintessential New York Jewish lady. She tells it like it is. Some of these guys have serious problems and the ones that do take her advice are better for it (i.e., the guy who painted Madonna kissing Britney). The women are also really interesting. I like this show in the same way that I like the Rachel Zoe project, you get an in depth look at their business and their management style. And see awkward dating and one of the millionaire guys pole dance. He did a trick that I've been dying to learn - spinning helicopter!

I ended the day talking on the phone with V and then, M. A perfect day. And yes, it is 6 AM on a Sunday morning. I was actually up at 5 AM. 3 AM and 5 AM seem to be my new wake up times.

No comments:

Post a Comment