Wednesday, November 19, 2008

'inoteca & G

Every time I leave an outing with G, I've got a grin from ear to ear because I can't feel my face.

We met for our monthly wine and toast. I had wanted to go to 'inoteca for awhile since it was THE happening wine bar. I was always nervous that I'd never get a table. We met at around 7 PM and got seats at the bar which I love because the server is always captive behind the bar. We shared 3 bruschetta: chicken liver with yummy reduced balsamic, olive tapenade and spaghetti squash. G and I have decided that we love chicken liver. Love it. Give us a big ol' block of it and some bread and we are golden. I ordered some prosciutto and she had the famous egg and truffle toast. There was cheese on it so I couldn't have any but it smelled AMAZING.
We lamented the poor state of the economy and the resulting lack of holiday parties (we used to get giant baskets of food and have polished off a 3 pound block of toffee), tenuous job market, and shopping embargo. She hasn't shopped in 3 weeks! When will the embargo be lifted??!?!?! She is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment