Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Spending Freeze

"Yeah, yeah," you say, you've heard it before but as of today, non-essential spending will be frozen. I took a look at my credit card bill and while I have done my patriotic duty to help the economy and boost consumer spending (I believe that is Palin's same argument for her Neiman Marcus bills), I need to save for my future (a home with M, college for my godchild, my retirement). I have already cut out all expensive restaurants and patronized cheap eats or wine bars for my social outings.

So, what is allowed for the rest of the year? Baby shower in 2 weeks, P's wedding, L's bridal shower, and limited birthday and holiday gifts. I've been snapping pictures left and right so I'll be ordering holiday gifts from Shutterfly which are super cute, personal and affordable. My friend was selling her TV so I bought it for mom who has been harping about getting a bigger TV (she doesn't even watch TV so it's really a gift for Doris to play her new Xbox 360, also bought from my friend). M is also looking at getting mom a new hard drive so mom is the big winner this year since I told the siblings and father that my present from me to them was getting mom presents. M's xmas present has already arrived. And, I snuck in yesterday before the spending freeze some Natori bras that were on sale (
http://www.herroom.com/) since I destroyed my other ones (M says I am not allowed to do laundry - yay!) and expedition weight base-layers that were also on sale to wear in the ice palace and snowboarding (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/). So, that's it for 2008!

1 comment:

  1. I have your stuffs in my car. I can probably drop by and set it all up this weekend so shoot me your info or your sis' email and I will swing on by. :)

    ReplyDelete