Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy thanksgiving, all!

Despite the lack of men-folk (Dad in Taiwan, P and G working), we had a very successful Thanksgiving with lots and lots of good things to eat and drink. There was beer and sparkling cider from the baby shower. We had beer marinated duck, pork, tofu and egg, sauteed Chinese watercress, Old Bay and beer shrimp, Thai basil clams, duck soup, amazing stuffing, mac-n-cheese (made from cheese from the baby shower), Chinese pastry that J brought and apple crisp for dessert. Basically, my favorite Chinese food and Thanksgiving side dishes. I think I can eat butter! I think it went well, see food coma photo below.


I had taken the day off on Wednesday to prepare and will likely continue that tradition. It was so great to do all the grocery shopping in peace and quiet, and come home and prepare for the next day. I actually ended up doing very little on Thanksgiving day except for ordering some holiday presents and cleaning up afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment