Thursday, November 13, 2008

Spats Take Three

So, the grey spats-like boots didn't work out and I had to return them. They kind of looked like short super hero boots. They made me want to wear panties outside leggings.

With my super ugly but warm and
snuggly Fitflops Billows coming, I thought, hey, I could wear cute leg warmers over them to: 1) make them look like a boot and not a clog, 2) keep my legs warm, 3) get a spats-like effect. Leg warmers are also cheaper than getting a new pair of boots - I was looking at the UGG grey cardy but not a fan of fabric boots in the winter. I mean, spats were originally fabric, suede or leather pieces that people wore over their shoes in the late 19th and early 20th century. M will get a kick out of this, "Spats are still used as a traditional accessory in many marching band uniforms in the United States." You can take a girl out of her drum majoring, but you can't take the drum major out of the girl!

And yes, this was a non-essential spending item but please, it's a leg warmer! Okay, like 4 (1 grey with buttons, 2 black with buttons, 1 black with pink bow). I'll wear them to commute in the winter and in SFactor during the warm up. I need a 12 step program.

No comments:

Post a Comment