Friday, November 28, 2008

My First Black Friday

I hate crowds and mom had instilled a fear of Black Friday upon me at an early age. Doris and her friend would fearlessly head off to the mall while I stayed at home, ate, and watched news shows on how insane it was at the malls.
Since I took Wednesday off, I went into the office today. There was nobody on the road so I got into the city before 8 AM. I had tried to find a Wii Fit for M's mom this week and the guy at Circuit City said they'd be in on Friday. It was warm so I decided to walk to work and try and pick up a Wii Fit.
Past the huge crowd of screaming girls (I think the Jonas Brothers were nearby), I slipped into the Toys R Us and it was not crowded at all. Yes, there lots of people with 5-6 huge Toys R Us bags but in the game section, lines were maybe 8-10 people deep. They did not have Wii Fit, so I continued on my way after gazing longingly at the 60 ft ferris wheel. I don't know why but I really love it. I think I'd ride the little orange car.
I headed to the Circuit City and there were tons of Wii Fits for retail price (we've seen them for $150 online). I picked one up for M and was out the door in less than 10 minutes. Not bad.
And work is blissfully quiet. I can't wait to get some stuff done and head back home to take M and mom out for mom's birthday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment