Saturday, April 11, 2009

Apartment Stalkers

I am a professed apartment stalker. This is our 5th visit to our future apartment complex. Granted, each visit had a distinct mission and today, it was to see a "Blake" unit. Our Blake (see building photo - it is the top left balcony) won't be available for viewing until May 6, move-in mid-May.

It is a cute apartment. It is smaller than I thought it would be (e.g., minuscule kitchen and bedroom) and I dislike the kitchen counter laminate and track lighting but it will suit us well. I see that my chaise/ love-seat idea is not going to work. I liked the loft, the big closets, and the large soaking tub. I envisioned myself growing flowers and herbs on the balcony.

We went over the terms again and discovered that they are going to waive our security deposit - Petunia still has to pay her pet deposit, tho. The representative has to get back to us on what the terms will be if we sign a 2 year lease. I knew she did not have the authority to tell us. Let the negotiations begin.

Oh, and Maria's Bakery was disappointing. There were not a lot of baked goods and what we did buy was: green bean cake (salty), sponge cake (moldy), egg tart (didn't even bother). Maybe the cooked food is better.





No comments:

Post a Comment