Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Springtime for A--, in New Jersey!

[sung to the tune of "Springtime for Hitler]

Forever optimistic, I thought it would be a bright idea to take the E train to Port Authority. Okay. Wrong. So wrong. A cattle car has more room. I was actually wishing I could be taken to a slaughterhouse.

From there, it was the rat race through Port Authority to my bus gate. Push, shove, bad smell, bad shoes, ugh, where's the line, why can't people make a line? Am I going to have to punch someone? I really don't want to punch anyone today.

Finally, the bus arrives and I get the very last seat. That's right, I am sandwiched in the back with 2 people on each side. The good news is that since it was before dinner time, people didn't smell like garlic or alcohol...yet.

And, then...I was released to a bright, warm spring day. The cherries at the top of my block are starting to bloom. The magnolias across the street are on their way. I took a deep breath of clean air, loved how there was not a single person out on my block, and am so excited that springtime for A-- has begun!

[Why so exciting? Today was my last day of work! No more crappy commute!]

No comments:

Post a Comment