Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Matchmaker, Matchmaker...

One thing I love doing is connecting people. Sometimes, it is a romantic connection and while I can't remember other matches I've made - I should keep a portfolio - I am quite proud of a match I made in 2006. They are still in love and it is beautiful.

So, every year I visit the office my dad used to work at and where I had interned in college. I met D last year but I got to know him a bit more today and I had a thought. He might be perfect for Dr. Do. So, I asked him a couple of critical questions - he is willing to try Morimoto, play Rock Band and meet Dr. Do. I also got a really good vibe from him, he's cute, a good guy from the midwest, he's smart and funny, studied as a molecular biologist, has a CFA and is currently a portfolio manager. His parents are musicians and his dad is also an archaeologist. I checked with another person at the office who confirmed he was a good guy, smart, hard-working and is doing well.

I sent them both an email to introduce them to each other since I wasn't able to get him out before I left on Saturday. I hope they reach out to each other, even to be friends.

Ooooo, he wrote back!

No comments:

Post a Comment