Saturday, April 11, 2009

Get Off My Wusthof!

Ok, that is not as clever as "Leggo My Eggo", but it is the best I can do at midnight. In my mind, there are 3 major home purchases that I should not skimp on. 1, the All-Clads which I have ordered off eBay. 2, my knives. 3, the Dyson DC25 - locked and loaded. I don't mind getting everything else at Ikea. Ok, maybe I'll also get nice sheets.

I found my knives on Craigslist. The guy selling them was REALLY nice. I am highly suspicious of nice people. He offered to make us a knife block or drawer block, advice on how to care for the knives, to sharpen our knives for us anytime, throwing in a sharpening steel and wine opener,
and inviting us for wine and tea. Since he was giving us such a great price ($325 for $500 worth of knives), I played along and made sure that M would protect me during the transaction which took place at his HOME (I mean, who does that?).

He and his wife turned out to be really nice and gave us lots of advice - even demonstrated dicing a onion and how to use the sharpening steel. They had my dream kitchen - lots of Le Creuset, All-Clad and knives everywhere. I couldn't help but point out the awesome cookware to M - you see, you see? This is what real people cook with! It's not that expensive considering we would be using it FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!

Sure, we could get a pretty good deal on eBay but the sets on eBay were always missing something. We got the exact knives we wanted. Nothing more and nothing less. Okay, I do want 4 more steak knives for our 8 piece setting. And M is finally excited about them. She started looking for a wood block to keep them in good condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment