Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Childhood

I walked to my lunch appointment and got the opportunity to snap some photos. The first photo is the street to P.S. 2 where I went to school up to 3rd grade. I remember hating walking under the overpass because it stank and was full of pigeon poo. I'd get so grossed out about getting the poo on my shoes. I was also pooped on and it is no good to get to school with poop in your hair. P.S.2 had the best tire playground. I remember that nearly all my classmates were Japanese, I played a frog in the Aesop's fable musical, I won an award for a painting, I loved the holiday fair and eating the honeysuckles that grew on the playground fence.

The second photo is of the apartment we lived in when I was 2 years old to 9 years old. We lived on the top floor and the memories are too many to put down.

The last photo is of the corner store that dad would take us to every weekend for glazed doughnuts, popsicles or other treats.


No comments:

Post a Comment