Friday, July 11, 2008

Banzai!


You might not know this as you speed past exit 9 on the NJ Turnpike, but you have just passed an oasis of Asian food - Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Malaysian (yes, even Panang has a restaurant there). My brother is finishing up his last year at Rutgers and we eat very well whenever we visit him.

Last night I took a lovely train ride to New Brunswick to meet up with him and my cousin (parents drove from the house). Side note: I love the train. It was a gorgeous day and I got to see his new lodging - definitely an upgrade from the last two crack dens, I mean frat houses. Side note: I got two bug bites walking from the car to the house (augh!).

P picked Banzai, a Japanese Seafood Buffet (560 Stelton Rd Piscataway, NJ 08854 (732) 968-6688). Yes, I know, I'm voilating a bunch of M's rules. I thought it was pretty great. It's brand new with a ballroom - I can't even imagine being at an event there, I'd be like "can't [talk/ dance/ kareoke], eating." The young hosts and servers were very sweet. She really believed me when I said we had to leave because they didn't have their liquor license yet. I had sushi, clams on half shell, good Alaskan crab legs, ginger scallion blue crab, ginger scallion lobster (you need to time yourself for when the lobster comes out because all I got was two heads), shrimp tempura, yummy salt and pepper cuttle fish, veggies, seafood soup, these delicious steamed prawns and fruit. I thought it was a pretty fantastic deal for $27.50/ person.

And, I didn't get sick.

2 comments:

  1. We eat there & enjoy the food all the time, however, it could be better, of late, the lobster, our fav., has disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time the lobster was only for dinner...it comes out randomly and you have to stalk the counter. If it really is gone, that is quite sad. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete