Tuesday, July 8, 2008

*Tre Dici

Eat It!!! That's what M screamed at us. Yes, loudly at the restaurant. We were having our monthly get together and I really look forward to catching up with them. It's like when you see a little kid every day, you don't realize how much they've grown. Well, we catch up at least once a month and it's amazing to hear what adventures have transpired. I am always inspired, entertained and really proud of these gorgeous, brilliant women.

Tre Dici is my favorite Italian restaurant in NY (http://www.tredicinyc.com/). I originally chose it because they serve risotto balls with the bread. Soft, creamy tasty risotto in a ball, breaded and fried to a perfect golden crisp! AND, they have the 20 layer crepe cake. I first saw this cake on the Food Network when they went to the Lady M Bakery (http://www.ladymconfections.com/millecrepes.html). I fell in love the crepe cake - soft, lightly sweet crepes with a layer of fresh smooth cream in between. I've been pining for a taste of this cake for months and when I found out it was on Tre Dici's dessert menu, I pounced.

The executive chef worked at Felidia (and it is a sad place without him). The restaurant is red, curvy and cozy. It's a place to have an intimate dinner with friends where everyone is comfortable and can hear each other - we always have so much to say!

We shared 2 appetizers: the panzarella and the chilled lobster salad. You can see how delicious it was because I couldn't get a shot in before we devoured it. So light, flavorful and delicious.

I love the Kobe Beef Ravioli (decadent), Pappardelle (my favorite pasta shape and with duck! Mmm!), Pinched Ravioli Plin (my favorite pasta at Tre Dici - who knew ramps could be so addictive?), Tagiatelle (yes, I love lobster). Ok, so I have tried almost all the pasta dishes. The Orrachiette is next because who can resist the word "tidbit"? They always have fantastic specials so last night I tried the crab, shrimp and scallop ravioli in white wine, tomato and caper sauce (love its plumpness in the photo). Yum!
And there it is, my beautiful cake. It renders me speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment