Wednesday, July 30, 2008

M

In the middle of summer, in the middle of the day, in the middle of a thousand people out for lunch, I travel in midtown to get the middle letter of the alphabet, my M.

M is my center, the heart of me. A reminder to strive for balance, to not be pulled in one extreme or another. It is also water, to cool, calm and soothe the fire that sometimes rages in my soul. To flow with grace wherever the currents lead.

I was worried about having it on my wrist but it really looks like I just drew on myself. Take that Corporate!

8/1: Yesterday my admin said it looked like "MP." Last night, L said it looked like "if" and M said it looked like a lighter for a grill. It's funny to hear everyone's interpretation of it. This morning, mom was like, "is that a tattoo??!?!!" Um, no.

Note: I do not recommend Red Rocket Tattoo. Sure, they have convenient hours but they are rude. For large pieces, I love Emma Porcupine. For everything else, I'd go to NY Adorned. A warning about NY Adorned. They have unbelievable jewelry - watch your Amex.

1 comment:

  1. holy cow! omg, that's my signature! baby, i love you, you're crazy, but i love you. i think i'm getting a little teary eyed...

    ReplyDelete