Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pizza

I love pizza. I loved the thin crust pizza that used to come from the pizzaria at the end of my block (now a Korean video rental store). I even loved eating the pizza from Showtime Pizza Place while watching animatronic animals dance and sing (Polar Bear Surf Dude was my favorite), and the pizza from the school cafeteria in the soggy cardboard box. At Wellesley, they had individual size Pizza Hut pizzas (as many as you want for free!) and I chowed down maybe 3 Super Supremes a week. Loved those sausage bits. There was amazing pizza at John's in Newark and well, New York has some pretty awesome pizza in general. I loved sausage and mushroom and the mushrooms had to be canned, not fresh. They had to be slightly yellowed, rubbery and tangy.
But, as you know, my pizza eating days were over, until... I asked my admin to order a veggie whole wheat crust hold the cheese pizza at our March staff meeting. Did I hear it! "Ew, what is that?" "Where's the cheese?" "Where's the meat?" "This is too healthy to be pizza." The mockery continues to this day but now I know I have options! Red Stone Pizza has a pomodoro with no cheese and fresh basil. I just got a veggie no cheese from Little Italy Pizza (see photo). The sauce is really good, just the right amount of veggies and a chewy crust that is crisp on the bottom and coated with tasty corn meal flour. I will devour any kind of tomato or artichoke bruschetta. My favorite thing from Boqueria is what they call "Pan Con Tomate." OMG, it is so good. So cheese, as John Waite would say, "I ain't missin' you at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment