Friday, July 11, 2008

M has Crabs

Marina, Washington DC

Yes, M has crabs. She's given crabs to me before.
7 or so years ago, B and I had gone to visit her and her girlfriend at the time in Baltimore. Despite the fact that she is not a morning person, she had gotten up early, drove 2 hours to the Marina and brought back a seafood brunch for me - oysters on half shell that she labored to shuck and subsequently clogged up her kitchen sink, crabs, king crab legs and clams on half-shell. Her girlfriend at the time said, "um, I like seafood, too." These days, one of our favorite restaurants is the Dancing Crab. 2 cold glasses of Hefeweizen, a dozen crabs steamed to order in Old Bay seasoning, paper covered tables and a bucket for the shells.

Now she's giving about a hundred of crabs to my family. I'm drooling just looking at them. She's just the sweetest.

1 comment: