Friday, July 25, 2008

Craft Lounge

My family is pretty crafty. 90% of the furniture in the house was made by my father or rescued from the curb. He also liked to refurbish cigar boxes and make knives. He even gave M one which she lovingly calls a "shank". My mother made us clothes, dolls, halloween costumes, paper dolls, nearly everything. I like to sew, paint (Chinese watercolor, pottery), and "create" (this blog helps me blow creative steam while I'm confined at work). My brother and sister drew non-stop and are extremely musically gifted. I can't wait to get a place and hang some of D's photographs and these cards she made of fruit and vegetables with faces. Something I really love about M is her artistry and eye for beauty. I'm always impressed by her work and stuff she picks out.

So you can imagine how I could hardly contain myself when the "Craft Lounge" finally opened down the street from my house. From the moment the awning went up, I've been longing to run in. Now, I'm not sure if one can do crafts there or if they would have classes or if it a store selling crafts that people have made but I'll let you know.

Also opening near me: Red Mango!

No comments:

Post a Comment