Monday, July 7, 2008

*Kara's Cupcakes


I heart cupcakes. My sister bakes me some awesome cupcakes and we end up eating about 6 a day until they are gone (we can't let them go to waste and no, we will not halve the recipe)! J made gorgeous hydrangea cupcakes for my birthday a few years ago that I hold very dear in my heart.

We were on our way to lunch and I saw the sign for Kara's Cupcakes in Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco before I saw the store. It was sparse, modern, had beautiful flowers and was PINK! I fell in love with their cuteness and the fact that nearly all of the ingredients were locally sourced and organic (San Francisco has a place in my heart for its food, eco-friendliness, proximity to Lake Tahoe and this amazing sculpture). The forks and knives were biodegradable!

Not only is the cupcake so pretty, it is YUM! Just the right touch of sweetness, moist, and flavorful. I'm a vanilla cake/ vanilla frosting/ sprinkle kind of girl and the Simply Vanilla was so heavenly. Kara's and Slanted Door were definitely highlights of the trip. http://www.karascupcakes.com/

2nd Place (and available in NY): Crumbs (www.crumbsbakeshop.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment