Saturday, July 5, 2008

BBQ

How many people does it take to put a grill together? Answer: 6. Note: do not let drunk people hold parts that can fall through your deck.

My parents bought a cheap crappy grill from the supermarket and I had to return it for them. Since we were having a cookout in about 3 hours, they were going to get another cheap crappy grill and I thought, what the hell, let's get a real gas grill (I got an Aussie Koala gas grill with side burner from Target for $99 - aw, yeah).

1 hour and 10 minutes later, all 60+ parts were assembled. We had read most of the manual - especially the "Spider Alert." Yes, if spiders nest in your pipes, the grill could explode. Any number of things can make the grill explode so I was really surprised that the thing actually worked. Bobby Flay, I'm coming for you. Actually, you want some amazing BBQ? Z has made the best steaks I've ever had in my entire life.

A's Kalbi:
- L.A. Kalbi cut short ribs
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- Coke (I know, I know, but try it)
- garlic
- ginger
- scallions

A's Potato Salad:
- boiled and cubed potatoes
- mayo
- rice wine vinegar
- Vidalia onions
- celery seed

No comments:

Post a Comment