Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Bean

Meet my best friend's bean. This itty bitty thing has taken over our lives. We have been eagerly awaiting the bean for the past two years.

I love children and know that M & I would be terrific parents. They are so cute and smell yummy. They are all little fingers, toes, chub and gurgles. They are sass (I), bulldog face (S) and sponges to soak up things that I teach like "Shoot the cans!" (C) and "Daddy, Manolos please!" (C). They are exhausting and kick in their sleep.

Children are popping out all around me and wonder if I'm behind the ball or extending my adolescence. I am horrified by all the child abuse/ neglect stories in the news and am frightened to raise a child in this world (I know, snowboarding is dangerous but I still do it). I also don't feel that I've had enough time for what I want to do and accomplish. I certainly wouldn't mind getting some more sleep.

So, these beans hold our love, our thoughts, our resources and our hopes for a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment