Wednesday, January 7, 2009

*Alfama with S & C

Dinner with one of my favorite couples - such cuties and looking so fly! Go on girl with your coat and your bag! S picked Alfama - a restaurant I had always passed over for no reason. Such a tragedy! I love Portuguese food! And what a treat...

They have this awesome 3 course "Discover Portugal" prix fixe for $25. Yeah, we NEVER order the prix fixe - I don't even know why we bother with these offers or restaurant week. I knew right away that I HAD TO HAVE the Ameijoas à Bulhão Pato - Manila Clams in garlic, olive oil, white wine, cilantro and lemon broth. IT WAS AMAZING. Everything I wanted with bread to sop up the juices.

C ordered the Bife na Pedra - Stone-grilled organic fillet mignon finished at the table, fingerling fries and fresh market greens. This raw beautiful hunk of meat smothered in garlic was cooking on a hot rock to our desire.
BUD-DAH.
The prix fixe did come in handy because we all ate the dessert that came with S' meal. The Disco Voador - Based on an old family recipe, a soft walnut
and almond tart filled with sweet egg cream - it was just sweet enough, hardy, nutty and quite satisfying. The egg cream reminded me of this sugary egg string Cambodian dessert. Wonderful.

And I love hanging out with C & S. Mac v PC. They are all about closing places down. They closed my birthday party. We were also completely brain dead (I ended up in Tribecca because I mapped 55 Hudson instead of 551 Hudson) - how many Asians, cell phones and palmpilots does it take to calculate the tip and split the bill? It was too much for S' phone to handle because she got "Syntax Error".

So, C, jia yo! S, good luck with the allergist and see you both soon! Have fun at Stratton!
I had crazy bus drama on the way home. I got on the 9:45 and this guy and the driver were disputing 25 cents. He was like whatever and patted her shoulder. She's like, "he hit me!" She called the cops, they took the guy off - Korean, couldn't really speak English. We sat for like 30 minutes while cops got there, took statements, and the bus people tried to figure out what to do because our bus was blocking the 10 PM. Passengers started yelling and then yelling at each other. Eventually, the bus driver from the next bus switched with our driver and we were on our way. Note people, don't touch anyone, ever. You could be charged with assault. I think the police were dropping it to disorderly conduct.


No comments:

Post a Comment