Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nightmares Have Abated for Now

As much as I denied it, I had been experiencing a level of stress, frustration and dejection on a sub-conscious level. That manifested in my quite horrible daily nightmares. As I looked into the causes - because I need some sleep - I realized:
1. I wake up because I'm hot. I'm so cold when I first get into bed that I bundle up and am totally overheated by 3 AM or so. I will look into an electric blanket.
2. Things are not that bad

So, my plans aren't moving along quite as well as I had hoped but I have a great family, the best partner in the world, amazing friends, the cuddliest pug, a nice place to come home to, a job that fits me and takes very good care of me, a workout regime I love, and a really, really good life. I was reminded of this when I lunched with a co-worker who was, unfortunately, let go recently. We are in a terrible recession and while one can hope and dream, it is important to take stock and appreciate what you do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment