Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blankie

After 2 resounding recommendations, I had every intention of driving to TJMaxx to get my electric blanket but it's really cold out there and once I stepped in the door, I was not about to leave.

So, I googled "best electric blanket" and I found something that raved about Sunbeam blankets and took me directly to Amazon. Sketchy, yes, but I googled "electric blanket" and Amazon's deal was pretty good. Doris allayed my fears about shipping by saying her stuff arrived pretty quickly.

The purchase took a really long time. I had to find the right blanket at the right price - Sunbeam Imperial Nights Polyester Cotton Blend Heated Blanket. Comfort set digital control, 10 settings, preheat, auto-off, finer temperature control, 2 ft longer power cord, 2 separate controls, and exclusive warming system senses and adjusts to deliver consistent warmth (the "brain"). Machine washable!!!! And then, I had to pick a color that M would like because I soooo wanted the pink one. I settled on "seashell" and Doris confirmed it was a beige even though the name would indicate a blush pink (I'm completely color blind). Then king or queen... I have a queen now but maybe I'll have a king in the future?

Oh, I can't wait for it to arrive, to set it on the bed to pre-heat, and climb into the warmth... And yes, M, you can turn the heat on your side off.

No comments:

Post a Comment