Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Riingo with E

I had pretty high hopes. I really like Marcus Samuelsson (of Aquavit) and E wanted Japanese so we decided to try Riingo's restaurant week lunch menu.

It is nicely decorated and intimate, also very close to work. The host table places the host with his back to us so he didn't see (or was busy doing something) the line of people at the door. Service was slow and a bit odd - they said they'd get something for the lady meaning E. Was I not a lady? Also, sushi has become so ubiquitous. What is ebi sashimi here versus there and twenty other places on the street? My favorite thing was this spicy crispy rice served with the bread. E's chili chicken was pretty good but my cod was boring and over wilted greens and I didn't like the bean soup - too grainy and the shitake mushrooms were soaked in something sweet. We had the green tea donuts which were pretty yummy (I didn't eat the green tea ice cream).

They did give us a gift certificate for the amount of the prix fixe ($24.07) to use for dinner. That was pretty generous but I won't be eating there again so I gave it to my coworker.

No comments:

Post a Comment