Tuesday, January 13, 2009

*East with Doris

Our family has been going to East for over 20 years - back in the day it was dark, everyone sat on the ground and they had delicious skewers and broiled giant clam. A few years ago, it was renovated into a brightly lit carousel sushi place and it is still our favorite place.

It is fast, easy, delicious and dependable. The gyoza is the best. Everything is in small, extremely inexpensive portions. I mean, 2 pieces of ebi for $3! A clam soup for $3.50! I am all about variety, tastiness and affordability.

M says our family is really unusual. We all like to hang out with each other. We all really really like each other. Lucky, I guess. I do like hanging out with Doris and will be seeing my brother tomorrow. At dinner tonight, Doris and I were chatting away and we noticed the guy next to us put all his used sushi covers on the sushi going around the carousel. We were OUTRAGED! And there were two guys on the other side of us talking about anime and I was like, Doris, you should ask the guy in the grey sweatsuit out. She said the thought had crossed her mind but she couldn't handle anymore sweatsuits (I am often wearing a grey sweatsuit in the comfort of my own home).

East Japanese Restaurant
1405 Teaneck Rd.
Teaneck, NJ 07666
(201) 837-1260

No comments:

Post a Comment