Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bar Boulud with L

In spite of certain health issues, I was not about to cancel on my dinner with L. I've been looking forward to catching up with her for months AND I've been looking forward to trying my first Daniel Boulud restaurant.

What can I say, when L and I get together, the eating is on! She had an amazing (but very petite - what is that a cordial glass?) pear martini. C'mon, for $14, you could give her a couple more ounces. The server recommended a $22 glass of wine but then, perhaps from my hesitation, offered me a $12 Sauvignon Blanc.
Yeah, that'll do. Hello, we are in a recession!

L doesn't do liver and I don't do dairy. We both don't do rabbit or brains. We agreed upon the PÂTÉ BOURGUIGNON (GUINEA HEN WITH RED WINE, BACON PEARL ONION AND MUSHROOMS) which was nice with the coarse mustard, frise, chornicons and pearl onions. I definitely want the PÂTÉ GRAND-MÈRE next time.

From there, L got the BLANC TRUFFLED WHITE SAUSAGE MASHED POTATO and I got the COQUILLE SAINT-JACQUES ROASTED DIVER SEA SCALLOPS BRUSSELS SPROUTS, CONCORD GRAPES. My dish was good and I just realized that the grapes was the purple sauce things in the corners of the plate - didn't really add all that much flavor. I think I really wanted the PÂTES FRAÎCHES HOUSE MADE PARPARDELLE, LAMB BOLOGNESE
TAGGIASCA OLIVES, FENNEL except that I don't eat lamb. So sad since I LOVE parpadelle.

We skipped dessert due to the dairy issue and it was too cold for sorbet. Plus, L and I need to continue looking fabulous for SFactor. I'm so proud of her, she looks amazing and she's level 2! So awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment