Saturday, January 3, 2009

[Sort of] Wonderful Short Ribs

I am trying to keep life simple so buying a ton of cookbooks is not an option right now. Luckily, lots of my friends enjoy the braised short rib and one sent me this recipe from allrecipes.com. I am cooking it right now and it smells quite yummy. I'm imagining something BBQ-like.

It's not what I thought and maybe that's why I'm not in love with it. It's good. I did like the string beans that I sauteed in garlic and soy sauce.

Wonderful Short Ribs
Submitted by: MEDIVALU
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours
Ready In: 2 Hours 10 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings
1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
3 tablespoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 medium onion, cut into rings
3 pounds beef short ribs

1. In a large pan over medium-high heat, stir in tomato sauce, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in parsley, thyme, bay leaves, brown sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes. Add onions and short ribs, and stir together until the mixture comes to a boil.
2. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer; stirring occasionally and skimming fat from surface, until meat is tender, about 2 1/2 hours. Remove bay leaves before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment