Thursday, January 22, 2009

Try It On?

What a concept! I am an internet shopper. I HATE the mall and dealing with crowds and parking and the feeling that I'm paying a premium plus tax. But, I've bought and returned so many pairs of boots that it is just a waste to order them.

I've had my eye on Anthropologie's Fountain Pen Boots and Peaks & Plateaus Bag. They have been in the cart, ready for purchase but I just couldn't pull the trigger because I just wasn't sure. I received some good news at work today and thought I could get a little gift for myself.

So, I called 2 Anthropologie stores and of course, the shoe and bag can't possibly be in the same store. I mapped out the route to each of them and off I went.
Turns out, the leather of bag wasn't that soft and the handle drop - as I already knew - was too short. And, it was bigger than I wanted. Then, I took the E to Spring Street - for ONCE, the E train wasn't crowded. Must be my lucky day. I had a nice walk with window shopping (nothing really interesting) and got to the second Anthropologie.
13.5 inch shaft my ass. More like 15. I KNEW the boots would be too tall. I left both Anthropologie stores empty handed.

This apparently is my new budget strategy. If I want something, I will have to try it on. Which means I'll have to find time to get to the store, make sure what I want is there waiting for me and see if I really truly do love it.

1 comment:

  1. hi. just checked the blog for the first time in a while... sorry... anyway, see no mention of the J Crew first ever sample sale!?! I thought that you would be all over that (even though there are crowds). Anyway it started the 20th, but goes through Sunday. I think it's on 36th St. Not that I am going, since I am HUGE. But, you are in excellent shape and love a deal. =)
    hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete