Friday, January 2, 2009

*Whitetail Resort

M sweetly found a new resort for us to explore. Whitetail Resort is 15 minutes from Ski Liberty where we went last time. It has 935 ft vertical drop, 1,800 ft top elevation, 20 trails and 9 lifts. It was easier to get to than Ski Liberty and more straightforward. It also seemed like we got there in record time. And I heard an amazing lyric on our way there, "I listen 2 her heart beat because it plays my favorite song" (Crying Out For Me by Mario ft. Lil Wayne).

And then, it went kind of badly. The place was packed. We thought it would've been quieter than a Saturday since some people have to work but wow, the lines for the lifts were crazy. Little girls kept bumping my board (yes, I yelled at them). The bunny slopes were icy and littered with bodies. I almost made us leave. Then, M suggested we try the greens and while we were on line for what seemed like forever, the lift kept going and going and we were on 2 long, wide, green runs.

Which were icy. With kids having a snowball fight in the middle (yes, I yelled at them).

The final verdict is I love the Sidewinder and Mr. Safety who yanks people who fall off the lift and pulls them over to the side. Yes, he wears a jacket that says "Mr. Safety". The staff and multitude of patrol people there were great (although, they were not around at the 2 snowball fights). It'll be really amazing with some real snow.

2 comments:

  1. Look at M go! Love that picture of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at M! I love that picture of her, she looks like a pro.

    ReplyDelete