Wednesday, October 29, 2008

*8th St. Winecellar & G

Originally, I had suggested that we meet at Back Forty but...it is cold, it is a long walk from 1st Ave to Ave B, and I wasn't interested in anything on the menu. Luckily, G is a wine bar girl - a nibbler - and suggested one of her favorite places, 8th St. Winecellar (www.8thstwinecellar.com).

It was perfect. Firstly, the ACE is around the corner from it. There are interesting stores to peak into and a really nice restaurant that we want to try on the way there. The service is prompt and polite and the ambiance, warm, rosy and cozy. The wine list is not too expensive and varied.

I had four beautiful oysters on half shell - 2 west coast and 2 east coast (Malpeques). I'm an east coast oyster girl but the west coast ones were surprisingly tasty. We shared chicken liver pate which is so good with mustard and 3 types of bruschetta. The mushroom with truffle oil one was so amazing. I like things on toast.

Miss Green Eyes was fabulous as usual and we caught up on all the people having babies, the economy, shopping, family and loved ones. I love her style and she had on an adorable vintage cape. Even though it has been over 4 years, I miss seeing her at the office every day, seeing her eat variations of tuna, going to the make-up and flower stores in the basement of our building, and devouring an entire 3 lb brick of toffee together. The ridiculous ways her name got mutilated always make me laugh.

Note: Alas, lactaid is rendered powerless by the evil forces of ricotta cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment