Monday, October 13, 2008

B & C's Wedding

[ in progress]

Gorgeous autumn weekend - so warm, sunny, clear blue skies, colorful leaves, stars. Leaves on grass like jubilant confetti. I love this area of NY - I love NY. Where else can you have great snowboarding, an amazing beach like Cherry Grove, orchards, farms, financial capital of the world, Woodbury Commons? NY has everything I need.

I love staying at bed and breakfasts and I love the idea of having a bunch of people attending the wedding stay at the inn together. There were bonfires every night with s'mores, guitars, harmonicas and beer. We had an adorable room with a HUGE sink. There was also a fancy steam optio
n in the shower. The inn was on a huge property with very tall and old trees. Breakfast - poached eggs over homemade pork and sage sausage over whole wheat biscuit. We drank all the apple cider. S: "I had put out nearly 3 gallons of cider yesterday morning and it was all gone!" There were two kinds of coffee cake: apple and lemon sour cream. Fresh fruit and delicious granola. I am really going to miss breakfast. I am going to be SO hungry tomorrow.

The Inn at Stone Ridge had a pool table. I think it is now M's most favorite place to stay. I love watching her play, she is amazing. I was quite proud of a few of my shots as well. I have a very good teacher. I love how the inn had its own orchard and farm - definitely why the cider - everything - tasted so good. They even had chickens! This one was called Rod Stewart. And their hen house was called the omelet machine.

We had a really good time doing flowers, hair and make-up. Although C and I arranged the flowers, we were having a hard time keeping the orchids from drowning in their bowl of water. M so brilliantly determined that the mums had a larger surface area and could be used as floatation devices and redid the flowers. I used a bit of my and C's make-up to do her face and let's face it, when you are gorgeous, it really doesn't take much. I experienced lash envy because her lashes are so long and thick. I then parted her hair on the side, ran the flat iron through the front part, pinned the rest into a french chignon and pinned white orchids down the middle. I called it her orchid mohawk. Then I ran down, threw on my usual wedding dress and the new $15 shoes (
finally, a pair of comfy fancy shoes!), and grabbed M who looked so beautiful.
The ceremony was fun, romantic, beautiful and so B and C. There was an open bar, a cheese plate, passed hors d'Ĺ“uvres and entrees. I LOVED the cupcakes and fresh apple cobbler.

B and C headed out for a hike on Monday and invited us. I wanted to get us back so M could rest before the last leg of driving from Jersey to Maryland. But...we would hit Woodbury on the way down and she did need another pair of boots... Hey, it's like hiking. And would you believe it, I didn't buy anything. Well, because I already bought everything there was to buy the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment