Friday, October 3, 2008

Christian Louboutin

Sure, I cried when Big proposed to Carrie with a Manolo Blahnik shoe. But, I lost my sh** today watching Tim Gunn's Guide to Style. This dowdy girl from DC wanted to get styled for a terrace party at her new NY apartment with her NY boyfriend. So, at this fitting with a designer that Tim Gunn set up, she was so nice to the designer that the designer gave her the Christian Louboutin shoes she tried her dress in. GAVE her a pair of $895 Miss Gres Zeppa Christian Louboutin shoes!!! She didn't need them to give her any of the things they gave her - she and her boyfriend have an amazing apartment in the city! They could buy it themselves! I need to put on some fluorescent orange crocs with orange fleece and get on that damn show.

Ok, reality check, Louboutins are really high. There's the simple pump which is lower but I'm not sold on the rounded toe. The black patent peep toe is so classic but how wearable? I like the Mody Blues in the blue AND the nude. I'm just learning how to wear heels and am really reliant on ankle straps. One day, maybe one day, I can wear the super high ones you see here with the bows.

I was also really surprised with some of Tim's tips and choices. Black jacket and brown skirt? Never match shoes and bags? I disagree. And Rachel Zoe was just talking about how when she shops for her clients, she shops for herself. Very dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment