Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sparkly...

A month or so ago, I was sitting in a risk meeting and I saw this incredibly sparkly ring on S' hand. It looked like it was on fire. A couple of meetings later, I told her that I was riveted by it and asked if I could see it up close.

Her dad had purchased the ring in 1946 with $300 from his college savings. Her parents have been happily married for 60+ years. Her mother had been very sick but is better now. S had found the setting one day (her mother had the diamond reset into a different setting) and her mother gave her the diamond. S had the diamond reset into the original setting and it is just beautiful. Her parents are happy she is wearing it and it reminds her of the happiness they have had all these years.

It's less than a carat but so perfect in cut, color and clarity. It has a life of its own. I love the thin gold band and the gorgeous prongs. I have no idea what that type of prong is called and have been googling all kinds of derivations. Ah-hah! It is called a triple prong. I would love to have those prongs on a plain, slim gold band made of recycled gold with a cushion cut diamond. Gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment