Friday, October 10, 2008

*Cafe Zest with D & J

Cafe Zaiya opened its sister eatery Cafe Zest just down the street from my building so I thought it would be a perfect place to have a little PRIDE lunch. People can pick through the various delicious offerings downstairs and we can all meet upstairs and catch up. No need to hassle with splitting the bill, reservations, people arriving at different times. I had an amazing vegetarian bento box - it was so good and exactly what I wanted.

As to be expected, J and D, our fearless co-chairs were my only attendees. We have been having really bad turnout for our smaller PRIDE events - not exactly sure why. Our larger events have attracted 400-600 attendees! But, trust me, if anyone says that there aren't enough events in our annual survey, I will send them our calendar of events and maybe have J say something to them. One gets a lot of really ignorant, uninformed and whiny comments as the social co-chair and if I'm too irate, I send J to take care of things.

I love my boys. They shared a lot of really great ideas over lunch and I'm always impressed with their knowledge and enthusiasm. The really fun part and great reward of being on the Pride Steering Committee is getting to know and spending time with people like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment