Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Classroom Calls

It is fall and I'm going through school withdrawal. Don't get me wrong, I like to sing, "no more pencils, no more books..." But, I'm a geek and I really REALLY like being in school. I've enrolled in this running program at my firm where I learn about various asset management vehicles and of course, I'm tearing through my reading list and "A** University."
I've also been researching a couple of other options. This whole stylist/ image consultant thing has been in the back of my mind since I've been in Middle School and I get this unbelievable high any time I am able to find something for my clients that enhance their natural good looks, presents a positive image and is super functional. I'm trying to find a good pricing model. There's a certificate that I can get at the Fashion Institute of Technology on Image Consulting which will really give me the fundamentals and the business model. I'm particularly excited about the following classes in that certificate program: The Great Designers, and Business Essentials for Success.
There's also an awesome class at Make (yes, the pottery painting place and so much more!) where you design and make your own shoes! I have so many ideas and this will give me the basics and I'll get the perfect shoe that I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment