Friday, October 3, 2008

Gig: Men's Casual Winter Work Coat

I sent my first style sheet to my Chief Investment Officer. I thought about the kind of guy he was, what shape would flatter him, what he would be wearing the coat for. I wanted something that was elongating, sleek, professional and well, screamed understated success when he meets with clients and managers. I thought single breasted, not too long, black. He commutes so I know the coat would have to travel well and deal with rain, sleet, snow, subways. It needed to be water resistant, wind-resistant, multi-functional and warm. I have a bias against wool/ cashmere coats because I just don't think they are warm and with the wet New York weather, they can get soggy and feel like you are wearing a wet sheep.

My first choice is this Burberry London 2 in 1 coat. I love the little plaid peaking through. I love that this really is 2 coats. A shorter coat on the inside and a longer coat on the outside and a warm coat when they are together. I picked out a few other coats of this convertible nature from Cole Haan and Kenneth Cole (great deals on Bluefly.com). I can't wait to see what he ends up getting.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, this is like My Fair Lady in reverse. Does he also need elocution lessons? :)

    ReplyDelete