Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Get Puffy!

I am always cold so back when I was freezing my ass off at Wellesley, I bought practically the first full length hooded Michelin Man black down coat that JCrew ever came out with. To this day, people still make fun of me. "Nice sleeping bag." Hey, it's better than the brown one this other girl got that made her look like a big walking poo.

That coat saved my life for many years and I thank it for keeping me warm as I trudged through the snow and blinding sleet to class and later on, to work. Now, with Northface blazing the trail, they are kinda cool. Burton had a great one that was convertible - you could unzip the bottom part to get a shorter jacket. And the Burberry one, *drool*.

The down coats at Land's End are a great value. They came out with the satiny Angel line in a vest, parka, coat and long coat. For a mere $149, you get "water-repellant shell with DriOfffinish, premium, 500 fill goose down warmth (fill is 70% goose down/30% goose feathers), pockets inside and out, concealed microfleece cuffs keep cold air out, microfleece-lined pockets, temperature rating: -35°/-15° Fahrenheit." Machine washable! They say this is going to be a very cold winter. Bring it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! can you send me the info on the coat that Heather has? I LOVE all my winter coats - I even have names for each one.... but, alas, I don't think they will fit this winter....

    ReplyDelete